Job Location: Maiduguri
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
- Clinical management of pregnant and lactating women including during childbirth.
- Management of common childhood illness.
- Supervise the management of referral pathway.
- Able to recognise their limit and refer patients to appropriate specialist care when necessary.
- Supervise midwifery staff.
- Prescribe and administer medications.
- Support mothers and their families in the overall care of their newborn babies in communities.
- Supervise robust disease surveillance and monitoring.
- Any other related duties as directed by supervisors.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Always promote and implement high hygiene standards including universal precautions.
- Integrity/Commitment to Tdh’s child focused Programming.
- Working in Teams.
- Fostering Innovation and Empowerment especially for vulnerable people.
- Self-Management/Emotional Intelligence.
- Communicating ideas and information sharing / continuous learning.
- Commitment to Excellence
- State Registered medical doctor with strong Reproductive health background.
- A minimum of two years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the humanitarian field or a closely related field.
- Initiation of treatment for women requiring medical intervention including triage of gynae emergencies.
- Maintenance of drug and fluid therapy in accordance with agreed Patient Group Directions.
- Initiation of treatment for children requiring medical intervention for common childhood illness, including triage of malnutrition.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline (Duty of candor and duty of care).
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds in a caring manner.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Basic knowledge of standard computer software applications and information technology including electronic communication.
- Proficiency in English – both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Hausa or one other local dialect (desired but not essential).
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Motivation Letter, copies of National ID card and 3 references.
Applications should be sent on or before 22 April 2019 to the below email address. email@example.com
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please Write “The name of the position applying in the subject line of your mail’’. E.g. Application for the position of………………………
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
This position is open to Nigerian national only. Qualified Female and male candidates are encouraged to apply; Person with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.