Job Location: Maiduguri
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
- Collect collate and plan data entry activities for all Tdh’s health and nutrition projects.
- Support nursing and medical teams in robust record keeping.
- Set up and supervise robust disease surveillance and monitoring.
- Ensure Tdh’s project data are in alliance and linked with State data collection mechanism and National databases.
- Conduct quality control on data collected.
- Ensure patient confidentiality on all records collected.
- Prepare and make data sets available for research and academic papers.
- Support the health and nutrition unit with accurate records for proposals and other documents as required.
- Provide technical support in project sites and implementing communities on data collection and other technical areas.
- Provide data entry training for project staff.
- Sound competency on the use of data recording software such as Epi Info, EWARS etc.
- Promptly identify and report missing information according to Tdh’s procedures.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Proven knowledge of standard computer software applications and information technology and different software packages including electronic communication.
- Integrity/Commitment to Tdh’s child focused Programming.
- Working in Teams.
- Commitment to Excellence
- A minimum of six months experience in the humanitarian field or a closely related field.
- Minimum of tertiary education certificate in data entry or statistics.
- Degree in Information Technology is desirable.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Standard English – both written and spoken.
Proficiency in Hausa or any other local dialect desirable
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Motivation Letter, copies of National ID card and 3 references.
Applications should be sent on or before 22 April 2019 to the below email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please Write “The name of the position applying in the subject line of your mail’’. E.g. Application for the position of………………………
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
This position is open to Nigerian national only. Qualified Female and male candidates are encouraged to apply; Person with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.