JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri
Expected Start Date: 2nd May 2019
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
Under the direct supervision of the Admin Officer and the overall supervision of the Admin Coordinator, The Cook will be responsible to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our efficiency so we can meet the need of our EXPATs in terms of good food.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Minumum 18 years old
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Experience in working with children and community members
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in child protection
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV and letter of motivation TO TdH Office N° 72 Gombole Village, near to Royal Special Hospital off Gombole Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri Borno State, Nigeria or Through email@example.com;
Application Deadline: 8th April 2019
NB: Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.