Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organzation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Midwife Supervisor
Place of Work: Gwoza, Nigeria
Working hours: 48 Hours Per week
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Grade level: 8
Contract: Local Contract
Basic salary: 380,942NGN
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Midwife Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional): Midwife Activity Manager
Job Family: Paramedical
Supervises (Function): Midwife
Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols , values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring team work and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs Gyne MD and following the protocols
Education Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
Minimum 2 year experience as Midwife
Mission language (English) & Local Languages(Hausa) essential
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
The employee is encouraged to continually improve the skills associated with his/her position. The employee should also cooperate with co-workers in order to compensate for absences and changes in the project.
As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs, all national and international MSF staffs are expected to be available for emergency response activities.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values
and principles of MSF.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send a CV, motivation letter, and credentials either
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit it in person to MSF Spain Gwoza office, Gwoza LGA, Office. Or to MSF Spain Office in Pulka
or MSF Spain in Maiduguri.
Closing date: Friday 17:00, 09 August 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
MSF encourages woman and people with disability status to apply.