Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Community Engagement Supervisor(MS02003)
Place of Work: based in PULKA, Gwoza LGA, BORNO STATE.
Salary: Salary: Level7. NGN 334,159 (national contract)
No of Places: One (01)
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health related issues
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF’s medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
- Essential diploma in social sciences or education/pedagogy / or social work (OCBA)
- Essential working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) in health promotion activities, or training-education activities (for OCBA it’s 2 years minimum)Desirable working experience in related jobs
- Essential, Hausa and English. (Mandara is desirable)
MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply!!!
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, work certificates and motivation letter preferably by
email email@example.com (Only PDF or Word)
Or Submit it in person to any of the following MSF Spain offices – Pulka, Maiduguri, Abuja
Closing date: 13th Aug 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.