Job Location: Maiduguri
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Carry out basic Reproductive health/nutrition care as directed by doctor or nurse-midwife.
- Supporting with patients’ registration and triaging.
- Supporting the nursing team during health and nutrition talks.
- Supporting the nurses with monitoring of basic observations (weight, heart rate, respiratory rate, BP, temperature etc.).
- Taking initial observations (Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature, Oxygen Saturation, etc.)
- Supporting the nursing team with reassuring women, children and their parents.
- Assisting the nursing team with caring for women in labour where applicable.
- Assisting with record keeping if requested by nurse midwives or doctor.
- Provide assistance to doctor and nurse midwives during antenatal and post-natal clinics.
- Provide assistance during mother and baby clinics.
- Provide assistance during community outreaches.
- Support with supervision of volunteers and cleaning staff to maintain hygienic surroundings.
- Prepare common solutions such as ORS.
- Any other related duties as directed by supervisors.
- Awareness and use of high hygiene standards including universal precautions.
- Integrity/Commitment to Tdh’s child focused Programming.
- Working in Teams.
- Commitment to Excellence.
- A minimum of six months experience in the humanitarian field or a closely related field.
- Sound knowledge of nutrition and health care protocols.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts of their limitations.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds in a caring manner.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Basic knowledge of standard computer software applications and information technology including electronic communication.
- Basic English – both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Hausa or one other local dialect.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Motivation Letter, copies of National ID card and 3 references.
Applications should be sent on or before 22 April 2019 to the below email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please Write “The name of the position applying in the subject line of your mail’’. E.g. Application for the position of………………………
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
This position is open to Nigerian national only. Qualified Female and male candidates are encouraged to apply; Person with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.