Job Location: Maiduguri
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
Reporting to the Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Program Mananger, the Deputy Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Project Manager will provide oversight for implementation and follow up of child protection and education activities in a project locations of Borno State. He/she will provide technical support and operational oversight for all the programmatic activities in the field location, guided by the agency specific project management tools. His/her roles and responsibilities will be laid down along managerial, reporting, technical and operational dimensions.
Responsibilities & Task
- Oversee implementation of the CP/EiE project activities in project location of Borno State, in accordance with the Project Follow Up and other project documents to ensure that objectives are reached and indicators are adequately and timely measured.
- Directly supervise and support the field-based Team Leader, jointly shape weekly and monthly action plans and oversee their implementation.
- In a close coordination with the field-based Team Leader, supervise PSS Officers, Case Work Officers and Community Development Officers to ensure that i) activities are carried out accountably and efficiently and are documented ii) gender is mainstreamed into activities iii) beneficiary’s participation is included from the onset of the project.
- In a close coordination with the M&E Officer and Data Officer, ensure that the project database is regularly and accurately updated and the M&E plan is followed up in a timely manner.
- Close and constant collaboration with the Logistics Department: contribute to development of Procurement Plans, submission of procurement and service requests and a close follow up on them, ensuring timely delivery of goods and services to the field location, drafting of and follow up on the weekly Movement Plans.
- Close coordination with the Finance Department: participate in the FMT revision meetings, follow up on payments of volunteers etc.
- Close coordination with the HR/Admin Department: participate in revision of Job Descriptions, staff recruitment, staff performance appraisals, follow up on attendace records of staff and volunteers, field accommodation etc.
- Close coordination with Capacity Building Officer: participate in identification of the knowledge and skills needs of the CP/EiE team under his/her supervision and ensure those needs are addresssed in a timely manner, contribute to shaping the training/workshop packages and their implementation.
- Perform field monitoring visits to the project location on a regular basis providing technical and operational support to the field-based teams, identify potential additional needs of the teams and of the communities, make recommendations, and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Participate in drafting narrative reports to the funding institutions, submit weekly/monthly reports to the CP/EiE Project Manager.
- Actively participate in the CP/EiE needs assessments by mobilizing community members, conducting interviews, administering surveys and producing quality needs assessments reports.
- Contribute to development of technical documents in the field of PSS, Case Management, community-based outreach as well as multi-sectorial programming.
External coordination and representation
- Participate in the relevant inter-agency CPiE, EiE, general coordination meetings and fora to ensure that Tdh activities are well communicated, uncovered protection needs are identified and humanitarian and government actors are sensitized toward child protection needs, risks and concerns.
- Routinely coordinate and collaborate with the CP/EiE, non-CP actors, government agencies in Maiduguri and the field levels to effectively contribute to establishment of well-functioning referral pathways, avoid gaps and overlaps with other humanitarian actors and government agencies, and forge synergies with different service providers.
- Contribute to development of a community network to facilitate the project acceptance and stakeholder’s contribution and ownership.
Child Protection and Education in Emergencies
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with Child Protection Minimum Standards, humanitarian principles and Education in Emergencies standards.
- Ensure that project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines.
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy are respected at all times, cases of abuse are reported through established reporting channels in a timely and confidential manner.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in social work, social studies, human rights, or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of Child Protection/Protection/Education/ SGBV/ Social Work/Case management.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills/Excellent knowledge of protection and education in emergencies/Previous experience in child protection and education in emergencies is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations;
- Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards,
- Good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Motivation Letter, copies of National ID card and 3 references.
Applications should be sent by 14 April 2019 to the below email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please Write “The name of the position applying in the subject line of your mail’’. E.g. Application for the position of………………………
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
This position is open to Nigerian national only.