Entry into function: 15/04/2019
Deadline: As soon as possible
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 2,950 CHF (~ €2,550) < > 4,300 CHF (~ €3,700) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight. Duration: 6 months.
Tdh has established a Country Office in Nigeria since the last quarter of 2017 to try to complete the covering a part of the needs of crisis affected people. For the moment, the organization is operating only in Borno State, essentially in the Eastern Part of the State, the Eastern Crescent -> from the North-East (Cross Kuawa, Kukawa, Monguno) to (Konduga, Gwoza, Banki). Some of the operations are implemented with the collaboration of a local partner (CHAD). Tdh is targeting people affected by the crisis by addressing some humanitarian gaps related to the access to some primary needs (Water Supply, Non Food Items distributions, Hygiene Promotion) or social basic services (as Child Protection, Educational Support, Primary Health Care…). In term of Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE), the activities are divided in 5 main components:
- Child Protection Case Management: responsive integrated service approach.
- Psychosocial Support: structured PSS activities for children and adolescents in CFS/YFS focusing on resilience, wellbeing & life skills; Structured PSS activities for parents/caregivers within Emotional Support Groups.
- Community Outreach: protection outreach, strengthening community based mechanisms through mobilization, sensitization & awareness campaigns.
- Capacity Building: training local CP & Non-CP Actors, protection mainstreaming.
- Family Tracing & Reunification & Alternative Care: Separated & Unaccompanied Minors.
- Those activities are implemented directly or in collaboration with a local partner over 13 different locations. Moreover, an experimental “Education in Emergencies” project has been launched among 1 of those locations mid-2018.
The Child Protection and Education Project Manager is working under the supervision of Child Protection Coordinator.
- He/She is in charge of the implementation and supervision of the Child Protection and Education projects in Borno State, Nigeria.
- He/she contributes to the development of a CP and Education program strategy at country level together with the Child Protection coordinator, CPiE Expert at HQ and the Country Representative.
- He/she works in close coordination with governmental and non governmental agencies, with the cluster system to develop, monitor and orientate the CP and Education projects.
- He/she is expected to participate in child protection and education assessments, program design and implementation at proposal and strategy level, as well as support on fundraising, recruitment and procurement, liaising and linking with other sectors in general.
- He/she oversees the monitoring & evaluation of child protection and education activities.
- He/she follows Country strategy to work with all relevant authorities at district and community level (civil, religious, police and all other services) for a better implementation, acceptance and ownership in improving the conditions to protect children.
- He/she commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and beneficiary related issues.
Tdh expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. He/s he will
direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or
- Professional diploma or university degree in Social Studies. psychology or any other related discipline.
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory.
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated.
- Project management experience is required.
- Experience in protection, notably child protection, and Education is required.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2
- Knowledge of the Nigerian context would be a distinct advantage.
Years of professional experience required: 5 – 10 years
Years of NGO experience required: 2 – 5 years
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Apply for the position here.