JOB TITLE: Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
TEAM: West Africa Cluster
LOCATION: Maiduguri, (Borno State), Nigeria
RESPONSIBLE TO: Disaster Response Manager (with a dotted matrix management relationship to an ‘Impact & Effectiveness Team Manager’ in Cluster)
PART 1: JOB DESCRIPTION
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring
that country teams especially the North East Field have effective DMEAL (Design,
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) frameworks that can track progress,
capture evidence of impact and that facilitate continual learning and adaption.
The role will build the technical DMEAL capacity of staff in the humanitarian field in turn
enabling them to build the capacity of community volunteers and local communities’ in
DMEAL information gathering.
The role will work closely with the Impact and Effectiveness Team in-country and in-cluster
to implement Tearfund corporate DME initiatives and requirements, and assist in ensuring
that corporate DME initiatives are contextually relevant.
In addition, the role will support Tearfund’s commitment to meeting our Quality Standards
and international standards, working alongside relevant staff to do this.
GENERIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To share in the responsibility for the overall team task and be responsible for carrying out specific projects
- Liaise with internal and external contacts
- Responsible for reviewing own personal development, and overall team tasks
- Awareness of the Safeguarding Policy and with Tearfund’s commitment to the safeguarding the welfare of all young people and vulnerable adults.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- Reporting to the Disaster Response Manager and to ‘In cluster manager ‘Impact
- Part of the Impact and Evaluation Country Team.
- Works closely with Country Director and other country staff, other teams (particularly with regards to sharing learning) and appropriate peer agencies.
- Dotted line reporting to the Programme Manager and Humanitarian Capacity
- Provides advice, support and accompaniment to partners as required by the Country
- Works closely with Partners DME roles especially in the North East.
- Work closely with DME Manager in cluster and other international relevant departments/units in Tearfund
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The job holder will contribute significantly to the work of the country in the following areas:
- Support the planning & implementation of DMEAL frameworks at two levels (i)
country/response strategy level, and (ii) for key project/programmes especially the North East humanitarian response.
- Advise on project design, programme development and funding applications (for larger
restricted funding donors) especially baseline, mid-term and end-term evaluations
- Capacity building and accompaniment of frontline staff (and partners, as part of a key
- Support the shaping and implementation of Tearfund’s corporate impact & evidence
- Improve knowledge management & learning within the country & contribute to corporate
learning and knowledge management practices.
- Representation and networking both internally and externally
Download full job description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their applications with not more than two pages summary CV (relevant to the advertised position and person specification) to nigeria-cr(at)tearfund.org. Applications should reach Tearfund by 4 pm, Friday 22nd March, 2019.
Short-listed applicants will receive an email invitation for interview tentatively fixed for Friday 29th March 2019.