Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve men and women also in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development issues.
In furtherance of this vision, we are looking for a:
Project Coordinator for a Youth Employment project, Work in Progress!
Contract Type: Full time one year contract
Job Level: C2 national
Reporting: This position reports to the Country Director
Main goal of the job
Managing the realization of project goals of the “Work in Progress!” in Nigeria, the Project Coordinator leads the project in terms of thematic expertise on SME development and youth employment. The Project Coordinator will work together with the Project Officer, the Finance Officer and a Communication Officer in the Nigeria office, and also with the Global Project manager, the SME expert both based in Oxfam Novib The Hague office.
The project Management main tasks are to:
- Realize (sub-) goals of the Work in Progress! project, with a focus on skills building, startup acceleration, SME development and influencing.
- Manage partnerships with all Work in Progress! partners in Nigeria and on international level.
- Organize meetings between partners to stimulate cooperation in order to improve impact.
- Coordinate activities of partners and link different activities to improve impact.
- Coordinates also with investors to link them up to SMEs and startups part of Work in Progress! project.
- Actively participate and share his/her expertise in Work in Progress!; with other countries and colleagues.
- Contribute to future programme development youth employment, contributing to fundraising of (new/continuation of the) projects in this respect.
- Share knowledge and produces knowledge materials about the own field of expertise to contribute to the development and increased programme quality of the project.
- Profile the project externally, builds bridges to financial intermediates to ensure finance for SMEs and youth entrepreneurs and advocates for a more enabling environment for SME development and youth entrepreneurship.
Requirements for the job
- Have a master’s degree in the relevant field, given the startup and SME development component in the project preferably an MBA in business development;
- Have demonstrable experience of 3-5 years in project management focussing on working with youth project or in project providing Business Support to SMEs.
- Expertise and knowledge on youth employment and empowerment (including promoting youth participation) works in your advantage.
- Being a innovator and connector; experience with multi-stakeholder initiatives, multi country programmes and thematic advisory support in that context.
- Have a result oriented approach.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, risk-taking and able to co-create, negotiate, and develop with Country Offices, partners, and alliances.
- Have excellent written & spoken English skills; overall good communication skills & experience in external profiling.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Well-developed facilitation and training skills are an advantage.
- Self-reliant, flexible and able to handle pressure.
- Are able and willing to travel regularly and for longer duration for project development and/or implementation.
Project Management contract with a competitive and fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates interested in this position should please email an application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment to email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email. Completed applications should reach the dedicated email on or before COB Wednesday November 30th, 2018. Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as due to the urgency of this position applications will be reviewed as received, as such suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to closing date. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.