Note: For Nigerian nationals only.
Deadline: February 14, 2019
NRC is looking for a Finance Coordinator (Grant) for our Country programme based in Maiduguri – North Eastern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Coordinator position is to support the development and implementation of the financial portfolio in all NRC Nigeria program activities.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WaSH); Livelihoods and Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Finance Coordinator (Grant) reports to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Prepare all financial donors reports.
- Facilitate monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports with budget holder and follow up on action points.
- Assist budget holder in preparation of budgets (Draft budget)
- Maintain Master budget update.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of field Z costs and ensure that these costs are correctly charged
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance)
- Ensure that budgeting, financial reporting and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Finance Manager, Head of support unit, Head of Program, Area Manager, Program Development Managers, Project Coordinators
- Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Finance / Economics
- Maths / Stats / Physics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environments.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing performance and development.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: March 2019.
- Duration: 12 months.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.Grade Level 7 Step 1.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 25% frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.