About MAG in Nigeria:
MAG has been responding to the Nigeria crisis since 2015 working to support and protect conflict affected communities from explosive remnants of war, so that people can restore and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury.
About the role:
Based in Maiduguri, Borno state, you will be responsible for managing a base to support the Nigeria project. The Base Manager will have a wide range of duties and responsibilities including managing logistics, procurement, financial and administrative services and finding suitable office / guesthouse accommodation. As well as being security focal point you will be required to liaise with the communities and local authorities.
You will need experience of working overseas in international aid or development, ideally in a conflict / post conflict environment, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. This is a varied role that will require proven experience of implementing and managing logistics, HR, administration and finance systems. As a security focal point in a high-risk location, you will need experience of monitoring a dynamic security situation. Our ideal candidate will have a flexible and proactive approach to work who enjoys working with a multi-cultural team. It is essential that you are fluent in English language and knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting total reward package for this position is £40,600 per annum and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You’ll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Nigeria is a hardship programme staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return the application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible – applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.