SOS Children’s Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
Job Location: Borno State
Position Overview: The Field Coordinator is to manage and ensure the collaboration of local governments and other stakeholders at all levels in the assigned programme locations. He/she is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency response activities in the assigned location and responsible for developing grant proposals for funding, both locally and internationally.
- Planning and implementation of Emergency Response Activities
- Stakeholders Collaboration
- Beneficiary Management
- Policy Implementation
- Reports and Documentation
- Safety and Security
Education required: Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, and/or equivalent professional certificate in emergency management
- 3 years’ experience in social development or humanitarian work
- Experience in proposal writing
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with different stakeholders
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Able to work under minimal supervision in stressful situations and make decisions.
- Strong office and project management skills
- Knowledge of emergency management, including processes, policies and laws.
Proficient in English: verbal, written and presentation.
Click here to apply for this role.